Coal mining and processing operations generally imply high operational risks level. That’s why ensuring the employees and contractors safety is the main priority for LLC "New Mining Management Company". The health and safety management approach imply workers’ and contractors’ safety culture level increase and compliance with all applicable laws and risks monitoring and management.
Occupational health, safety and environmental management at LLC "New Mining Management Company" is an integral activities part at all stages, including from making strategic decisions to everyday work. This includes continuous production processes modernization and management and control systems introduction, including a unified reporting structure, relevant principles and policies as well.
We carry out the following activities, which form labor protection, industrial safety and ecology management system basis in order to ensure labor protection, industrial safety and ecology principles implementation:
- Initiatives to continually improve labor protection, industrial safety and ecology indicators
- The best practices appliance in the labor protection, industrial safety and ecology field
- Labor protection, industrial safety and ecology standards development for contractors, given the points of views of those, who are interested in and monitoring their full compliance level
- Labor protection, industrial safety and ecology indicators development, measurement and analysis as well as assessment of their compliance level with both external and internal requirements
- Transparent information provision to stakeholders about incentive measures, goals and operation results in the labor protection, industrial safety and ecology field
- Free and transparent information flow creation at all corporate levels and when interacting with contractors as well
- The best industry practices appliance to decrease operational risks and promote rational resource usage
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
Principles relatively to labor protection and industrial safety
- It is possible to prevent all accidents and incidents
- Avoid starting to work, if it is impossible to ensure its safety.
- LLC "New Mining Management Company" employees at all levels are directly responsible for ensuring the required health and safety level for both company-owned facilities’ staff and contractors.
- Leaders must demonstrate the compliance with labor protection, industrial safety and ecology standards and regulations at all levels
- Each employee is directly responsible for compliance with labor protection, industrial safety and ecology standards and regulations.
Interaction with the contractor
Cooperation with the contractors is a prerequisite for a safe workplace and better contractors management. Work with contractors is governed by the contractors management regulations in the labor protection, industrial safety and ecology field, consisting of four stages.
Occupational health and safety qualifications for contractors
Analysis of contractor's compliance level with labor protection and industrial safety requirements
Agreement signing with a contractor, including provisions on the contractor's responsibility to comply with health and safety requirements
Assessment of contractor's compliance level with mandatory health and safety requirements